Tiki 27.0 will be released in February 2024.
It will become a Long Term Support (LTS) version and will be supported until February 2029 as per the Tiki lifecycle policy. This release is more about refining features than major changes. After this release, there will be major changes in Tiki28.
- New build system (Benoit) related to _PATH_DOCUMENTATION.md
- IoT support: pull data from https://www.espruino.com/Puck.js into Trackers: https://gitlab.com/ElvisAns/tiki/-/commits/tiki-iot/tiki-iot_bridge.php and Tiki inventory project
- Continue migration to PSR-12
- Interactive emails: Ex.: surveys and acceptance/rejection of terms (Marc)
- This will be done by extending https://gitlab.com/tikiwiki/tiki/-/merge_requests/1837
- New concept of background / task process in Tiki (Marc)
- Add BPMN 2.0 capability. Plan was to integrate with Camunda but an alternative in PHP is: https://github.com/bingo-soft/jabe Victor, Benoit G., Jonny and Marc
- Push Notifications in HTML5
- Improve internal stats and reporting system, so as to no longer rely on external systems like Matomo for the common use cases. Marc.
- Attempt to support Widows and Orphans via mPDF or via a headless browser with something like https://github.com/bramstein/typeset (Marc)
- Notifications Revamp (finish the job) (Victor + Marc)
- File Gallery Revamp for the front-end (elFinder, etc.): Marc + Jonny
- We are currently fragmenting our energies between 2 interfaces. We should converge to one
- Accounting revamp: Benoit, Victor and Marc