This page is to plan/discuss/review all the features related to history of changes in Tiki:
- improvements to the wiki (including diff) history feature.
- tracker item history
- sheet history
- It should be easy to see changes by clicking next/previous edit (like Wikipedia)
- Or even have a play button
- Perhaps the diff section in AJAX to be faster
- Wiki editing: Preview with diff, like Mediawiki -> http://dev.tikiwiki.org/EditUIRevamp#Preview_amp_history
Added things should be in blue (or something) (see Wikipedia)4.x is pretty clear now.
- Compare button is not obvious or easy to use/find. Should be bigger and more intuitive as it’s the most important action of this page.
- When comparing 2 versions, it would be nice to see the Edit Comment nearby
- But this will be tricky when there are more than one...
- Picking diffs like Wikipedia would be more intuitive
- Unless someone expresses a use, not let people pick the diff (the checkboxes) right to left. So “from” should always be left choice, and “to” a future version on the right
- Now, it’s possible to compare version 3 with version 3 (shouldn’t be possible)
- Same thing should be done in diff mode (from trunk 2010-01-30)
- It should be easier to use the various diff styles (perhaps buttons for the most important ones?)
Nice to have
- Page rename should be in the history
- Need pagination because it’s very slow when there are hundreds.
- But picking diffs will be tricky
Should be easy to bookmark/email/post a specific diff viewnow, full URL is always available (even if long)
- Perhaps a way to merge successive edit by the same person?
- Jonny added something in Tiki5
- todo: research others