This page is to coordinate fixing regression bugs to help with the release of 25.0
Semi-related: How to Have Fewer Bugs in Tiki (If we systematically avoid regressions, we solve a big part of the problem).
- Regressions from 24x to 25x
We can do this after 25.0
- General bugs
- Bugs on new features
- Regressions from other versions (23x, 22x, 21x, 20x, 19x, etc.) to 25x
- We must focus
- Our testing infrastructure is designed for 24x to 25x, and it adds work to set up other versions (like 23x to 25x)
- Regressions from 23x to 24x should have been solved as part of the 24x release process. If you didn't handle it there, it could mean that it wasn't important enough.
- They should appear on the current page, either as wiki text (make sure to indicate your name so dev can coordinate with you), or Add a wish with the "Regression from 24.x to 25.x" category
- The ideal case is to contrast behavior between a 24x *.tiki.org site and Pre-dogfood servers for Tiki 25 release process
- If you can't contrast on *.tiki.org
- Add a show instance to a wish
- If you can't demonstrate on a show instance (ex.: it only happens on your infra, so perhaps a bug for a different OS or dependencies): we can look at this if you supply out developer with SSH access to a system where it works with Tiki24 and SSH access to a system where it doesn't work with Tiki25.
- If you are not sure it's a bug, and want to discuss first, you can ask on https://gitter.im/tiki-org/community
- But don't abuse this. And it remains your responsibility to add the regression in a way where it appears on the current page.
|Rating||Subject||Submitted by||Importance||Easy to solve?||Priority||Category||Volunteered to solve||Created||LastModif||Comments|
|(0)||HTML rendered as code instead of displaying content properly||Gary Cunningham-Lee||9||7||63||rjsmelo||2022-10-15||2022-11-06||7|
marclaporte-06 Nov 22
|(0)||Unable to access the menu on https://nextdev.dev9.evoludata.com||Emmanuel Masikilizano||10 high||5||50||2022-11-01||2022-11-04||2|
Domeshow-04 Nov 22
|(0)||Toolbars of https://dev.tiki.org/Make-a-wish: 4 issues||Marc Laporte||7||7||49||Jonny Bradley||2022-11-07||2022-11-28||3|
jonnybradley-23 Nov 22
|(0)||Font and other style info isn't correct||Gary Cunningham-Lee||8||5||40||2022-10-15||2022-11-03||2|
chibaguy-03 Nov 22
|(0)||Installation script; locking the Tiki installer is now taking a lot of time||Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist||5||7||35||2022-11-12||2022-11-22||1|
Bsfez-22 Nov 22
|(0)||Installation script, Database update; Error when updating the database (from the install script)||Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist||5||5||25||2022-11-12||2022-11-18||2|
Bsfez-14 Nov 22
EvoluData will assign its team of junior developers to attempt to address all responsibly reported regressions from 24x to 25x. The goal is that no Tiki site admin is blocked from upgrading from 24x to 25x because of a regression. This applies to all non-deprecated and non-experimental features. Please keep in mind that Tiki24x to 25x means going from Bootstrap 4 to 5. So this includes all bundled themes. But this doesn't cover your custom themes.