This page is to coordinate fixing regression bugs to help with the release of 26.0
Semi-related: How to Have Fewer Bugs in Tiki (If we systematically avoid regressions, we solve a big part of the problem).
- Regressions from 25x to 26x
We can do this after 26.0
- General bugs
- Bugs on new features
- Regressions from other versions (24x, 23x, 22x, 21x, 20x, 19x, etc.) to 26x. Why?
- We must focus
- Our testing infrastructure is designed for 25x to 26x, and it adds work to set up other versions (like 23x to 26x)
- Regressions from 23x to 24x should have been solved as part of the 24x release process. If you didn't handle it there, it could mean that it wasn't important enough.
- They should appear on the current page, either as wiki text (make sure to indicate your name so dev can coordinate with you), or Add a wish with the "Regression from 25.x to 26.x" category
- The ideal case is to contrast behavior between a 25x *.tiki.org site and Pre-dogfood servers for Tiki 26 release process
- If you can't contrast on *.tiki.org
- Add a show instance to a wish
- If you can't demonstrate on a show instance (ex.: it only happens on your infra, so perhaps a bug for a different OS or dependencies): we can look at this if you supply out developer with SSH access to a system where it works with Tiki25 and SSH access to a system where it doesn't work with Tiki26.
- If you are not sure it's a bug, and want to discuss first, you can ask on https://gitter.im/tiki-org/community
- But don't abuse this. And it remains your responsibility to add the regression in a way where it appears on the current page.
(Add your issue here)
EvoluData will assign its team of junior developers to attempt to address all responsibly reported regressions from 25x to 26x. The goal is that no Tiki site admin is blocked from upgrading from 25x to 26x because of a regression. This applies to all non-deprecated and non-experimental features.