PHP 8.x support will be added to Tiki26. All good. Now, the trickier question is: "When do we remove support for PHP 7.4?
Polyfills now make it easier to support multiple versions of PHP with the same code.
As of 2022-01, major distros ship 7.4 (ex.: Debian 11) by default.
- June 2023: Tiki26
- Unrealistic because PHP 8.x support will only arrive in this version.
- February 2024: Tiki27 LTS
- This could work but perhaps not the best time to make major changes, to take advantage of PHP 8.x
- October 2024: Tiki28 (post-LTS is typically a good time for major changes)
- Tiki26 + Tiki27 LTS should be PHP 7.4 + PHP 8.0 + PHP 8.1
- Tiki28 should be PHP 8.1 + PHP 8.2 + PHP 8.3