Most features have a checkbox, and a large number of preferences to permit configuration.
Some needs are more vague:
- Project Management Requirements Introduction
- Social Networking and Enterprise Social Networking
- Customer Relationship Management
- Resource Checkout System and rental pool (to reserve rooms, books, cars, etc).
- Classifieds System / Job board
Thus, they end up as advanced configurations and perhaps profiles.
- There is a maintainability challenge
- It's difficult for new users to get started
- There may be profiles for various versions of Tiki, but there are no (as of now) upgrade profiles. Ex: a diff of the two profiles, like our SQL patches)
Could we imagine something like Workspace UI where there is a GUI mode which is fine for the simple use cases, but easily evolvable to advanced mode?
- Configuration Management and Systems Orchestration
- Divergent Preferences in Staging Development Production