- Already basic support in Tiki: PDF
- https://www.ohloh.net/p/web2pdf (a GUI for Windows)
- Investigate https://github.com/AAverin/JSUtils/tree/master/wkhtmltopdfTableSplitHack
- Tiki Check should report if wkhtmltopdf and wkhtmltoimage are available (and which version)
** [root ~]# which wkhtmltopdf /usr/local/bin/wkhtmltopdf
- Perhaps the dreaded "Unable to generate PDF" (seen on dev.tiki.org) could be "Unable to generate PDF because wkhtmltopdf is not detected"
- make sure there is no problem with wkhtmltopdf (From wiki page to tiki-print.php, add on
click="window.print()" to save a click)
- Document when access via Tokens is necessary (only when page is not accessible to anonymous?). Perhaps add a pref dependency
- Keep an eye on this issue: Bootstrap and wkhtmltopdf
- "The original document is available at..." has a few issues
- It doesn't respect the current language
- It's pretty weird when you are printing out an official document (same problem at tiki-print.php?page=) Perhaps this should be optional? (and default off)
- Images: some images are OK on tiki-print.php but don't show up in PDF because they are not visible to anonymous (Token Access is not passed to embedded images)
- Investigate Tiki slideshow conversion to PDF for Tiki Slideshow used in BigBlueButton to replace dompdf because "Fatal error: Call to a member function get_current_line_box() on a non-object in vendor/dompdf/dompdf/include/absolute_positioner.cls.php on line 92 "
- Use page-break-inside: avoid; for tables and ideally between header and 1st paragraph
- Integrate phpwkhtmltopdf or Snappy to have more options when printing.
- Logo / header (could be more than one template)
- Mail Merge