This page should merge with Federation.
Say I am on a page "Forum" on doc.tw.o
A page "Forum" exists on dev.tw.o (what Tiki should do) and profiles.tw.o (How forums are used), so I want accessible links (ex.: in a module). This will encourage discovery and facilitate merge/refactor of information.
So Tiki should check, via WebServices, all other *.tikiwiki.org sites for same page name. Beyond exact matches, aliases should also be found (both in source or destination).
Perhaps we only want to have this for pages in a certain category. So, all "Keyword" pages on dev.tikiwiki.org would be added to a "Keyword" category. When a page in that keyword category is active, the module showing sisterwiki (see also) links would appear.
The results should be cached, with a link for the user to refresh cache.
Link to a missing page
If I visit http://tikiwiki.org/SisterWiki or http://tikiwiki.org/SisterWiki, I get a Tiki error message "Page cannot be found (404)". Tiki should offer me links to other pages with the same name or alias on the other sites.
If a page doesn't exist on wiki doc, but it does on dev
External Wiki & Wiki links Ideally, links in a wiki page for would also be smart.
Now, ((doc:Bla)) assumes that the page exists. If it doesn't and no aliases exist, it should indicate a ? like for local pages.
Of course, if the other site is not a Tiki, exposing information via webservices, we have no smart way of knowing.
- SisterWiki links between doc.tiki.org and dev.tiki.org
- InterTiki backlinks / SisterWiki / Extend External Wiki feature
- Backlinks between trackers and wiki pages (and maybe forums)
- A link to a Semantic alias doesn't appear in backlinks
- Plugin builder (plugin alias): build plugins with backlink functionality
- Task/action markup for meeting notes and plans (like Twiki Action Tracker Plugin)
- External Wiki: optional micro icon for link, title (mouse-over), and option to open new window