SAML is installable as free open source php-saml by onelogin.com through the Packages feature in Tiki18. This page will be used to figure out how to get minimum 2 Tikis running as an IdP (Identity Provider) serving the user data and one or more SPs (Service Providers) which athenticates users against the IdP. Once this is done, we can continue with the doc page or write a HowTo on doc.tiki.org.
Given the base url of the IdP would be https://idp.example.com
and the base url of the SP would be https://sp.example.com
- Use a fresh checked out Tiki 18 as an IdP
- Install php-saml through Packages (2 minutes)
- Activate SAML Authentication in tiki-admin.php?page=login in the dropdown in the first tab "General Settings" and the tick box in the SAML tab
- Get a x509 certificate for the IdP
- The SAML autoinstallation puts files in tikiroot/files and tikiroot/vendor/onelogin
- Some of the necessary data to put into the configuration fields seem to be automatically added to the setting file in tikiroot/vendor/onelogin/php-saml/settings.php
- There seem to be some reference to tikiroot/files/php-saml/settings.php at some point, but therin the above mentioned data is missing apart from an automatically added baseurl ... which apparently uses to the sites domain in conjunction withe respective path in tikiroot/vendors : https://idp.example.com/vendor/onelogin/php-saml
- The doubling of the directory "php-saml" in tikiroot/vendor/onelogin and in tikiroot/files seems a bit confusing and it needs to be clarified which directory to be used and why and how.
At the first view it looks like that Tiki writes relevant data into the vendor directory, but tries to use the files directory, where the data seems to be missing.
- In tiki-admin.php?page=login there is a first section called "Identity provider settings" which seems to be the part to define the IdP, whilst it is not clear, if further options are necessary to define / fill in. In this section there are 4 settings: IdP Entity Id, Single Sign On Service Url, Single Log Out Service Url and X.509 Certificate
- The default setting in Tiki for the IdP's 'Entity ID' seems to be "1" (found in https://idp.example.com/vendor/onelogin/php-saml/settings.php)
- What has to be set as 'Entity ID', which might be digits, characters or a domain. See also: https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/InCFederation/Entity+IDs
- What are the correct Single Sign On Service Url and Single Log Out Service Url? In https://idp.example.com/vendor/onelogin/php-saml/settings.php they are simply set as https://saml.example.com/login and https://saml.example.com/logout where https://saml.example.com/ represents the actual domain or subdomain used on your installation, respectively the actual base domain.
- Where (and how) to get a x509 certificate for the IdP and the SP, where the SP's certificate seems to additionally need a signature
- Have a SAML IdP Identity Provider setup and running: see above Tiki 18 with
- Set the SP that the user admin still logs in/out Tiki way
After the IdP is setup including a LetsEncrypt certificate and the SP is setup including a LetsEncrypt certificate plus a public key (belongig to the SP's certificate) logging out as user admin provides the following error message whilst not logging out:
There is a problem with the SAML settings, review them: Invalid array settings: idp_entityId_not_found, idp_sso_not_found, idp_cert_or_fingerprint_not_found_and_required
feel free to add thoughts and comments here
http://arge.ph-noe.ac.at/fileadmin/inf/AG_2017/SAML-Auth.pdf (German lecture slides)