Plugin Alias is a powerful new feature of Tiki3
This page is to coordinate development.
- Can I pass the page name as a parameter?
- Could pass a different parameter depending on the context? (alternate size of images for print mode or for mobile mode)
- dynamic variables wiki page syntax is the same as wiki alias parameters in the body. Is this a problem?
- Should we use this feature as a better way to have custom quicktags? (custom snippets of text)
- No obvious way to delete an alias
- Dependencies has to be in small letters (wikiplugin_googlecheckout vs wikiplugin_GoogleCheckout) and thus, when you start a plugin name with Caps, it won't work unless you rename the dependencies
Missing an interface to add certain things (that you can only do via profiles)
- To associate an image/icon to these new plugins, for use in quicktags for example
- Plugin builder (plugin alias): build plugins with backlink functionality
- Task/action markup for meeting notes and plans (like Twiki Action Tracker Plugin)
- Backlinks between trackers and wiki pages (and maybe forums)
- Tracker plugin to get title and make link to tracker item
- Use of variables in text areas ex.: wiki pages (lang, page, etc)
- Infoboxes like MediaWiki/Wikipedia, but not just using trackers
I suggest naming this feature "Plugin Builder". What do you think?