[Note from kerrnel22: For those interested in making Mods a better place, please check out TKM Proposed Framework: Mods ...]
Here's a list started on tiki-devel which probably should be a poll (or quiz or a tracker or something...)
But for now - there's the list "the old way":
August 2009 update at the Barcelona TikiFest
In the end, due to lack of resources and support for any of these features, they have been removed from trunk and not, so far, added to Mods.
These files still exist in the stable (3.0) branch if anyone needs them, or they could be rolled back from SVN if anything really has to be reinstated. (jonnyb)
- Mirror Trackers
- I once proposed removal but some people requested to keep. And now?
- jonnybradley: I tried for some time and found it too buggy to use - real world examples please?
- MatWho: they are not necessary, "fix" trackers instead
- ricks99: I use HTML pages as a way to "hide" pages/content from Tiki search and (multi)print features, but still make the content viewable.
- jonnybradley: sounds like a new perm would be better?
- Sure. How about a tiki_p_can_print, and tiki_p_can_search permission?
- I made a change to the permissions a while ago and got very lost - too scary!
- marclaporte: perhaps the new 4.0 workspaces would be a better way to do this.
- Sylvie G: "uses and maintains"
- LPH: "veto - new and needed for webservices"
- marclaporte: I maintain mobile.tiki.org and have a few users.
- marclaporte uses and thinks it should be improved
- need data migration path to real calendar
- sheet (saved by examples)
- Matwho: "please keep, might use it soon"
- Can somebody who is using this feature now please tell us (give us a link would be great)
- kerrnel22: Please keep - discovered an awesome use to this if we can add additional functions to it (like SUM, SUMIF, COUNTIF, etc)...instant metrics site-wide!
- marclaporte: keep
- One day should be enhanced with the JQuery sheet plugin (more here)
- Used by sheet
- marclaporte uses sometimes. Need to ask Batawata for updates
- jonnybradley uses it but it is broken (2.0+) - will try to fix one day
- also (jb) : tiki-browse_freetags.php uses it and it works there
- Recently saved by GroupMail project so it won't be "just a mail client"
- Mods (obviously!)
- File galleries (filegals)
- Image galleries (filegals pretty well does this now, do the recent commits for thumbnail browsing work?) => yes ;)
- Wiki images (wiki_up) - done?
- Attachments (wiki/tracker/any more?) - coming soon...
- Questionnaires (Trackers?)
- Any others left?
- pkdille: A "new one" that I just discovered : tikihelp (/lib/tikihelp). Seems to be broken. Last "real" commit (not a merge or a branching) is r2657 on 2003-11-23. It's probably time to remove this broken code...
- marclaporte: I think it is WebHelp. I think you can remove. It's a good feature, but we can redo it later with much nicer interface (jQuery, etc)
Let's discussion continue on Endangered features