We need a way to share content between Tiki instances. This is something we will solve in 2020
Some high-level options
- Share data between Tiki instances
- Sync one way (ex.: concept of a remote readonly tracker)
- Sync both ways
- Elasticsearch's Federated Search
- Client side-aggregations: User is logged in both sites and data is aggregated.
- A solution like HoloChain
- Add a Tiki instance param to WikiPlugins
This is needed for many things, included
- a distributed TimeSheet feature
- shared footer code.
- Sharing some tracker items with another Tiki
- Please add your use cases
- Can deal with one of the Tikis being down temporarily
- Secure, unlike RSS
- Unattended, unlike Communication Center
- As of 2011, needs a dedicated server to have both consumer and server. Zend_Oauth is just the OAuth Consumer
- We could have an e-mail account which is parsed to extract the data by extending mail-in and watch.
- Adding items to the timesheet via e-mail would be sweet.