- The vendor directory created by Composer is using a lot of disk space
- http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/lib/core/Tiki/Composer/CleanVendors.php is used to remove unused files
Image Directory Revampdone
- http://www.smushit.com/ysmush.it/ which will improve Performance
- Was done for Tiki 13
- Use vector icons instead of bitmaps !
- Tiki comes with 40 translations, but most sites need only up to handful.
- The language files (at release time), only contain the actual translations and not the placeholders like in SVN. So there is not a big potential to save space.
- We would need a web-based way to add translations.
- Review External Libraries so as to not include unused code, demos, docs or translations.
changelog.txt weighs 5 megs and doesn't convey much. Could be changed to a link to tiki.org/Changelog, which we would control the redirect (for now, on SourceForge.net SVN)done: https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/61464
- In the early days of Tiki, there was a script to package TikiLight which stripped translations and other things...: this idea could be re-activated to remove languages, themes, icons, fonts, etc.
See also: Performance