(The idea for this page came out of some initial discussion by Marc, Bilal and Yves Dax and Gary.)
Suggested but open to discussion: Maybe low hanging fruit and quick fixes and style improvements can be taken care of for Tiki 20, and more extensive revamping for Tiki 21.
- Identify characteristics of leading blog and web news page designs and note where Tiki is falling short.
- Check what information/functionality needs to be on the pages and plan where it should be placed, for example by using wireframes.
- Plan/edit Smarty template files to position the information (try to provide design flexibility as much as possible).
- Improve packaged themes' styling of these pages.
- Looking at current (Tiki 19 or trunk) blog pages, what should be changed/improved on the theme level?
- Currently blog posts are displayed in Bootstrap
div.cardelements. In many themes, this has a border and
div.card-headerhas a background color. Does this cause too much of a dated "info in a box" appearance?
- Possibly produce new themes focusing on blog/news presentation (but actually all the packaged themes should present these pages well).
- Check and Solve any issue with Social Network (Facebook, Twitter, etc) so Blogpost and Articles are sharable, likeable properly and published automatically where it needs to.
- ...too many redirections detected by Facebook - Bernard.
- Be able to upload an image and post about it in the same form (ideally [also] from phone) - jonnyb.
- ...Facebook does not grab the right image to display on posts. It would be nice if the blog-article image was the one grabbed, and not the site logo or other image used. I mean the nice large image you're talking about that describes the post. Don't know if my experience with article-blogs was before or after the past revamp - Brendan.
- ...Feeds registering updates to an article (or blog?) with duplicate entry - Brendan.
- About comments - Brendan
- Instead of “0 comments” it would be nice if it read something like “Be the first to comment” or something of that sort.
- Clicking on the comments link should bring you to the place on the page where the comments are, not the top of the article.
- If you need to be logged in to comment, there should be a link that says “Log into to comment” with a link to the login page, instead of "There are no comments at this time.”
- Currently, at the top of an article, it reads "Author: Author Name - datetime" (or timeago). Perhaps this could be less formal. Or maybe when timeago is enabled it could read like the relative times something like “By Dr Sassafras 1 day ago” instead of "Author: Dr Sassafras - 1 day ago”. Or something in this train of thought to makes it a little more informal, and read a little bit better. - Brendan
- Blog Revamp in 2014 with many good results. The page has a lot of blog feature information and comparisons with other platforms.
- Overall informational redesign of tiki.org (reduce the clutter of links and make it easier for users to find information).
- Redesign the landing page/homepage.
- Consider/carry out merging "info.tiki.org" and the community site.
- 17 of the Best Examples of Beautiful Blog Design
- 9 Blog Layout Best Practices to Remember in 2019
- Blog Design Inspiration: 7 Examples of User-Focused Design
- 25 Examples of Inspirational Blog Design