Tiki has a few ways (ideas!) to visualize data. See also: Datavis Convergence
- Bugs and Wishes
- Current features and Ideas
- Some key libraries
- When to use which type of chart
Open or Pending bugs and wishes tagged against the feature category "Charts and Data Visualization"
- D3.js demos
- Built on top of d3.js and stack.gl, plotly.js is a high-level, declarative charting library. plotly.js ships with 20 chart types, including 3D charts, statistical graphs, and SVG maps.
- Plotly.js (MIT licensed):
- Visual Programming
- Business Intelligence
- Maps Visualization
- Datavis Convergence
- http://thejit.org/ (Wow!)
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplot/ (recently changed to LGPL)
- Raphael http://raphaeljs.com/ (MIT license)
- http://www.jqplot.com/ (GPL/MIT)
- http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart-2/ (version 2 is LGPL)
- Flare: http://flare.prefuse.org
A priori desestimated because:
- It uses Flash, it can be used with free compilers (like the Free Flex SDK), and it produces impressive graphs. But we don't have anyone in the community using it right now, so it looks as if it would be too hard to maintain.
- it seems that the issue with visualization is not with the rendering engine as much as with gathering the data at this time (2011). For the rendering part, Raphael as used in sheets does a very good job.
- some tiki devs would prefer to use some non-flash solution, e.g. something like http://thejit.org/ or the Raphael lib to visualise data in Tiki
- flash animations are cool but it is too proprietary and problematic to code in an open source manner and make it accessible for everyone (you know, flash is not on iOS devices, requires 3rd party plugin in the browser, is cpu/memory resources intensive, etc.
Showcase some of the promising charting features of Plotly through PluginPivotTable AND include one example with data to demonstrate the Boxplot chart with highlighting of user items or group items belonging to the user.
Showcase some of the (weak) charting capabilities in current Spreadsheets feature (see Spreadsheet demo for the time being)
Showcase also PluginGdGraph
Currently broken since years ago
Showcase also PluginGoogleChart