Tiki Admins (https://tiki.org/202010-TAG-Meeting) decided in October 2020 to have a full fixing session for tiki.org. (focused on the Tiki Perspective feature)
The 5th of November 2020 at 15:00 UTC : https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20201105&p1=676&p2=37&p3=45&p4=136
Be aware of daylight change in your area
|TitleShort task description||DetailsURL, step to reproduce, etc||StatusProgress, issues, ...|
|Hard to see Community wiki page||From community perspective as admin go to https://tiki.org/tiki-listpages.php you will see the blue perspective|
|Converting MySQL 8 to MariaDB 10.3||Discussion below||done|
|tw.o up, to have it on the latest version||N/A||done|
- At https://tiki.org/tiki-edit_perspective.php, delete "Tiki Information" perspective (which has these preference options: )
sitelogo_title=Tiki Information Home Page
- Then does the current info.tiki.org/HomePage continue as the tiki.org HomePage?
- It will then have a left column and of course use the orange(ish) branch color.
- Add redirects for info.* requests?
- . . .
- We had a fixing and test session on November 5, 2020 (recording link is below).
- Perspectives are used most notably for 19 "info" pages and some number of "Translation" and "Wikisuite" pages.
- We found out that perspectives are mainly used for coloring and using different menus, something that can be also achieved using the category theme (as pages are categorized).
- We tested on next.tiki.org and the general feeling (four admins were connected) was that we should remove perspectives (turn off the feature) and fix the menubar (this was broken when turning off the perspectives as three menus, without filtering, displayed in the topbar.)
- Oliver suggested we use only one domain for the those pages (avoiding redirects and domains changes with different cookies)
- We thought that turning off perspectives at tiki.org was maybe a step that was big enough that we should clear it with the other admins before proceeding, so we didn't go ahead with it at the meeting time.
From Oliver : Is MariaDB any better now than MySQL? Should we migrate tw.o also at some point?
Since Tiki19 (I think) we recommend using MariaDB and at some point we stop using MySQL with the Tiki installer. For consistency we should convert to MariaDB. If we got a agreement with this here it will save time to have it done before the meeting.
- Who is "we" in "Since Tiki19 (I think) we recommend..."? (I may have missed some info somewhere, and I'd like to be ware of that; our Ubuntu Install doc page still pointed to mysql, afair).
- Dear Xavi, I have no preferences so it will be discussed. (I don’t see interest in digging and copying October 2017 and September 2019 discussions from the devlist about what is preferred by who).😉
Listen to/watch the meeting recording: here.
Tickets open or pending from categories Tiki community or dogfood,
|Creating new article for tiki.org/news while being switched in the "info" perspective does not get saved but switches to default perspective instead||2021-02-04T12:46:06+00:00|
|Perspective's theme preference isn't applied on some admin pages.||2020-02-24T17:27:23+00:00|
|forums in t.o unusable: help!||2018-08-02T08:30:13+00:00|
|Perspective session expires too early||2017-08-29T11:30:52+00:00|
|Category Jail for Trackers||2017-06-02T15:37:46+00:00|
|renaming perspectives in a category doesn't work||2016-12-27T16:47:24+00:00|
|Perspectives: permit to add more than one (current conflict between mobile and general perspective)||2014-08-10T23:22:52+00:00|
|Areas / workspaces / perspectives: domain name doesn't change when I switch perspectives||2013-10-28T05:34:43+00:00|
|Theme and Tools for MediaWiki migration||2011-10-03T16:32:14+00:00|
|Set perspective according to current content's category.||2011-07-08T09:45:56+00:00|