- You have fixed something?
- You have added a feature?
- You want to share back?
The goal is to make the feature as generic as possible so it may be used in various contexts. Also, we must be sure it doesn't duplicate another existing feature.
See also: Freeze and Slush
Quick overview intended to help know where to commit to right now in most situations. See Branches section below for more detailed explanations.
- Automatic merging?: No
- If you want to make a fix to 12.x LTS, please commit the fix trunk, then (optionally) backport to 13.x (most likely will not be released as the EOL ends November 2014 as per Version Lifecycle), and then backport to 12.x. For more details - see table below.
- Upcoming releases:
- 14.0 and 12.4 LTS will be the next versions released
Commit status and order for each open branch:
|I want to commit to:||What is allowed:||Commit first to:||Afterwards commit to:|
|future 14x||Functional enhancements and new features||trunk|
|13x||Fixes for 13.2 (will be closed soon)||trunk||12.x (if applicable)|
|12x||Fixes for the LTS 12.4||trunk, 13.x|| Bug fixes: 12x
Security fixes: 12x & 9x
|9x||Security fixes only||trunk, 13x & 12x||9x|
|Dev||trunk (will become 14.x branch soon)||Most development (new features) happens here. New features, need to be functional, but don't need to be complete. In theory, should be releasable at any time. This is the place for refactoring. Cosmetic code changes should be done here after the Semi-automatic merging period has ended. Also: Update language stringsIf you must change the English version (but are not changing the meaning and so the translations are still valid, please use mass spelling correction. If you can't use that, just add to pending text corrections. . If you commit to trunk, and after you want to commit to a stable branch, please see how to merge a commit from trunk.|
|Upcoming Release||14.0 (branching coming soon)||Bug fixes only.|
|Latest Stable||branches/13.x (Closing soon - EoL November 2014)||Bug fixes only.|
|Stable LTS||branches/12.x||Bug and regression fixes, as well as minor and safe enhancements only. Backport from trunk.|
|Previous Stable LTS||branches/9.x||Only security fixes and translations. Commits to LTS must have been developed and tested previously on higher branches (at least trunk) unless they do not apply there (for example, a fix to a feature that was removed later). See here for more info.|
|Old stable LTS||branches/6.x||No longer supported. No more releases.|
|Mods||mods in trunk||If your feature is too specific or too experimental for the main branch, it can go into mods. Please read: To Mods Or Not To Mods. There are no branches for mods.|
|Experimental branches||many||All developments for things that are not stable enough yet or just intended as proof of concept before the real work starts. These branches will never become a released branch directly, the author of the experimental branch must move the functionality in the Dev branch when it's ready.|
Definition of "security-only" phase
- The "security-only" of the LTS period is intended for security fixes, but could include a few bug fixes as well.
- We will review security vulnerabilities reported to the Security Team
- Publish a fix or a way to deactivate the feature.
- If the included code doesn't have a patch for that version
- What if a security vulnerability requires major code changes, that are not suitable for LTS?
- We'll disable the feature via System Configuration so you can can choose to use it knowing the risks, decide not to use it, or upgrade.
- The documentation at doc.tiki.org is kept up to date for more recent versions, so expect to see there some documentation about features not available in your Tiki.
- The community will handle merges from stable to dev, with help from a merging script during Semi-automatic merging period
- On stable branches, try to avoid any changes to the database as this complicates things and increases possibilities for errors. If you must, please see: Database Schema Upgrade
- If you must change the English version (but are not changing the meaning and so the translations are still valid, please use mass spelling correction. If you can't use that, just add to Pending text corrections
- If we are close to a release, and you have a change with a risk of regression, try to consult the release manager.
- There are some things that are black and white and there are many shades of gray. In case of doubt, ask on the Dev Mailing List
1.9.x, 2.x, 3.xLTS, 4.x, 5.x, 6.xLTS, 7.x, 8.x, 10.x and 11.x.
There are no more planned releases of these versions. If you are running one and commit a fix , please merge manually your fix to the appropriate branch.