- Data is stored in trackers
- PluginGanttChart will use the unified search index as a data source (like PluginTrackerCalendar or PluginPivotTable).
- So same data can be used / viewed in other ways
- jQueryGantt permits editing and thus, this should update tracker data
- What is the plan to deal with sub-tasks? Item link? Relations field?
simplest setup (and maybe good enough):
- project = category.
- task: tracker item
- child task (from hierarchical point of view in Gantt Chart): another item of the same tracker, with: relations field.
- parent task: as before, but info in another relation field "Parent task".
item link could be for linked items in the timesheet, if needed. Invoiceable items, etc.
A former hack-like implementation that was never committed to trunk svn, and thus, became obsolete quickly, but maybe some ideas can be taken from there?
The commercial version has been always a step forward the open source one, so after two and half years the gap becomes unbridgeable and I needed time and funds to ferry the open source component to the new world
Thanks to WikiSuite, that funded the alignment, the new version has finally seen the light.