add phpinfo as one of the steps (useful for troubleshooting)
- Tiki 10.0 fresh install
- tiki-install.php email address field doesn't have validation (at least for non-empty value)
- "Experiencing problems with the upgrade? Your administrator account lost its privileges? This may occur if you upgraded from a very old version of Tiki." is offered even if it's a fresh install
- dozens of warnings : PHP (5.3.18-nmm1) ERROR (E_WARNING): File: lib/codemirror_tiki/tiki_codemirror.php Line: 31 Type: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
All these setting above should also be checked in tiki-install.php and in the Tiki admin panel, because our host could have changed some settings, moved us to a new server or upgraded the PHP version, etc. so it's better to not just have in the installer. We could put all this info and server-related settings here: tiki-admin.php?page=server For example, the "OS" choice here: tiki-admin.php?page=general All done in tiki-check.php, which is in Tiki and available as standalone.
Like TRIM, for database creation to be possible via the install script (won't work on most many hosts)Done by Jyhem test if the upgrade script has been run and put a note in tiki-admin.phpdone
http://www.lulu.com/browse/preview.php?fCID=1154811 (pages from 6 to 10 of that book preview for WebGUI CMS/Groupware made on perl)
- Analysis of 12 CMS systems in French
Here are some ideas ricks99 has been playing with to improve the out-of-the-box experience.
- Investigate a TRIM-like application that works directly on the remote instance. A small php or shell script which fetches the latest version of Tiki and installs it. (Could be impossible because of limited file permissions that php scripts, with Apache rights, that have limited permissions). mods have this issue.
|Rating||Subject||Submitted by||Importance||Easy to solve?||Priority||Category||Volunteered to solve||LastModif||Comments|
|(0)||Update Notifier: many versions are misreporting available upgrades||Marc Laporte||10 high||9||90||manivannans||2013-10-31||6|
marclaporte-31 Oct 13
|(0)||Browsertitle value wrong on Tik12 db update||Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist||9||10 easy||90||manivannans||2017-01-30||1|
koth-31 Oct 13
|(0)||Broken images in featured profile and page is generally broken||Marc Laporte||10 high||9||90||manivannans||2013-11-20||0|
|(0)||Installer encoding issue||Jonny Bradley||10 high||9||90||2020-03-04||13|
jonnybradley-04 Mar 20
|(0)||Change the release script to stop linking to ReleaseNotesXYZ (Use doc.tiki.org/TikiX instead)||Marc Laporte||9||9||81||nkoth||2013-11-16||0|
|(0)||Featured profiles missing for 13.x||Marc Laporte||10 high||8||80||2014-08-05||3|
marclaporte-05 Aug 14