Tiki 19.0 will be released in October 2018.
It is a Standard Term Support (STS) version and will be supported until Tiki 20.1 is released, as per the Tiki lifecyle policy. Minimum requirement is PHP 7.1 It is possible (50% chance) that Tiki20 or Tiki21LTS will require PHP 7.2, so don't upgrade to Tiki20 unless you can get that version now or later.
- Rename Style Guide to something better (ex.: theme customizer) Gary and Benoit Roy
- Bootstrap 3 to 4 transition
We'll clean up Bootstrap integration is lesser used features in March and April 2018 (Amna and Bilal with guidance from Gary)done
In May 2018, we'll merge in the Bootstrap 4 experimental branch to Tiki trunk.done
Add https://github.com/haubek/bootstrap4c-chosen to improve styling of Chosen per theme.done: http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/67226
- Solve sitemap route in the _htaccess file.
I suppose the rewrite (if you want to change) should be to "/tiki-sitemap.php?file=sitemap-index.xml" ( that will manage all the relative paths and ensure all website is indexed).
- show.tiki.org currently runs on PHP 5.6. No trunk or tiki19 instance can be created. We need volunteers and a strategy for handling this.
Given this is a post-LTS release, it's the best time for major changes. Here some ideas to discuss (nothing is confirmed yet)
Font Awesome 4 to 5Done
We have a daily test upgrade of most of our *.tiki.org sites. So anyone can check anytime how stable trunk
Tiki.org website we will switch after alpha or beta release (red = not yet. green = switched). Status is free but more like: switched, broken, fixes required, work ok.
|Monday September 24th||branching of 19.x|
|Monday September 24th||Upgrade of http://themes.tiki.org|
|Tuesday September 25th||Alpha|
|Monday October 1st||Upgrade of http://dev.tiki.org|
|Monday October 8th||Upgrade of http://doc.tiki.org|
|Tuesday October 9th||Beta|
|Monday October 15th||Upgrade of http://tiki.org|
|Friday October 19th||19.0RC1|
|Wednesday October 24th||Release of 19.0|
|Wednesday November 14th||Release of 19.1|
Public developer's Tikis that have been moved/duplicate using trunk.
Everyone part of the active community should have at least one significative website moved/duplicate using trunk once the alpha/beta release is done so we can check different configuration and usage
|http://wikisuite.org||Planned for September 26th|
- Layout of multiple checkboxes with labels broken (reported 2018-08-21)
- No contrast in dropdown menus in header with Business theme (confirmed 2018-07-16)
- Color contrast problems are being worked through in the themes. Issues related to menus may have to wait until the menu revamp is farther along. Gary Cunningham-Lee
- No contrast between tablesorter filter field and containing row background (tiki-listpages.php) (reported 2018-07-09)
- Plugin edition form is horizontally squeezed (reported 2018-07-16, almost entirely solved now)
- FOOTNOTEAREA plugin broken since r66043 (reported 2018-07-09)
They were a discussion about Footnote Area and the Wiki References during the Tikifest as both are very similar.
Seems they do the same job but it was said some "specialists" of footnote and references should demonstrate and agree on what to do.
- If both do the same we should use the best implemented, rewrite doc and prepare the deprecation of non-selected
- If they don’t, it should be clarified to end confusion once for all
Areas that make testing anything for backports pretty much impossible currently Jonny Bradley
- Calendar Item editing
- Toolbars admin
- Tracker Tabular Format editing