Tiki releases every 6 months. However, the next release should ideally be "releasable at any time". Also, actual releases should be very easy (goal: 30 minutes for the technical part).
To get closer to these goals, the ideal would be community Continuous Integration server.
There are daily builds but if something breaks, there is no alert system to report the issue.
For humans to be able to see yesterday's data with tomorrow's code
- Having a test server with main profiles applied regularly, for testing/demo.
For the daily pre-release zip file to be as close as possible to the final one
- Run the existing scripts we use at release time
- Automatic commits: we could register a "tikiwiki" user at Sourceforge.
Permission deniedYou are not allowed to view this item.
- update of changelog.txt (maybe once a week?)
Machines testing code, according to a series of tests
- Run all tests
- Run the security tests regularly (monthly?) and report to Security Team about new potentially risky files
- Ideas from How to improve the release process
- php doc/devtools/translate.php englishupdate
lag=10audit --firstname.lastname@example.org to report if anyone breaks strings over the last 10 days
Please see Continuous Testing Server
- PHPCI is a free and open source continuous integration tool specifically designed for PHP.