The Tiki preference "Session storage location" must not be set to "database"
Debugged for some hours and came up with this:
- no problem in cypht code itself - reply details are sent to the session to be written and requested from session on the compose page but there are not there when requested
- session Tiki-Cypht integration - no problem as well, session is written when request finishes
- data that is written to the mysql sessions table (this Tiki stores sessions in db) is correct (contains the reply details)
- however, the data is not in mysql database after write
Tried to debug more with manual query, tried to simplify with select and then update or insert instead of replace type of query but again the same result.
I think this is what happens - every time this bug happens, there are multiple AJAX requests executed in the background. I think they overlap in time which results in the following race condition:
1. get message content cypht ajax request begins and is processing.
2. another ajax request begins and opens the session (reads the current session and there are no reply details there).
3. get message content cypht ajax request writes the session when completing and writes the reply details
4. the other ajax request finishes after that and writes the session but it doesn't have the reply details (effectively overwriting another process's session).
I think we switched for non-locking mode of db sessions to speed up this Tiki but when we face overlapping ajax requests this has adverse side effects. Do you remember why did we switch to non-locking mode? I think we should either update cypht-Tiki integration to send one ajax request at a time or switch to session lock mode the whole site.
Show.tiki.org snapshot creation is in progress... Please monitor http:///snapshots/ for progress. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show".
Password reset was successful
Password reset failed
Show.tiki.org instance destruction is in progress... Please wait...
The public/private keys configured to connect to show2.tiki.org were not accepted. Please make sure you are using RSA keys. Thanks.
Unable to connect to show2.tiki.org. Please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
Show.tiki.org is currently under maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Unable to get information from show2.tiki.org. Please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
Show.tiki.org is in the progress of creating the new instance. Please continue waiting for a minute or two. If this continues on for more than 10 minutes, please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
To help developers solve the bug, we kindly request that you demonstrate your bug on a show2.tiki.org instance. To start, simply select a version and click on "Create show2.tiki.org instance". Once the instance is ready (in a minute or two), as indicated in the status window below, you can then access that instance, login (the initial admin username/password is "admin") and configure the Tiki to demonstrate your bug. Priority will be given to bugs that have been demonstrated on show2.tiki.org.
The URL for the show2.tiki.org instance that demonstrates this bug is at: http://. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show". This is different from the initial login and password for a new Tiki which is "admin" and "admin".
For the install log, see http:///info.txt
Note that if you see PHP errors or a Tiki claiming to be missing third party software, the instance creation is probably not finished. Please wait a couple minutes and reload.
Snapshots are database dumps of the configuration that developers can download for debugging. Once you have reproduced your bug on the show2.tiki.org instance, create a snapshot that can then be downloaded by developers for further investigation.
Snapshots can be accessed at: http:///snapshots/. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show".Create new snapshot
|No attachments for this item|