Tiki15 Beta installer fails, stating:
Zend\I18n\Filter component requires the intl PHP extension
Check tiki-check.php to ensure your system is ready for Tiki or refer to https://doc.tiki.org/Requirements for more information."
HOW I TRIED TO RESOLVE IT
1) I followed the on screen suggestion to run tiki-check.php. This showed me that "intl" was "BAD" and that "intl extension is required for Tiki 15 onwards."
2) I then followed the on screen suggestion to read the documentation at "https://doc.tiki.org/Requirements". However this documentation gave no specific information on the difficulty I was experiencing.
With FTP access:
a) Change the permissions (chmod) of the directories to 777.
b) Create any missing directories
3) First I changed the permissions of the directories to 777. It was not clear which directories should be created, or where they should be created, so I skipped the second step. I then executed the Tiki installer again. However, exactly the same error was encountered.
4) I did some further searches and I finally managed to find a reference to this specific problem at: https://dev.tiki.org/zf1-to-zf2. The information provided at this location suggested various methods to make a change to "php.ini". I found this information difficult to understand.
5) After a lot of research I found that "php.ini" was located on the server. However, my server provider would not permit my request to make changes to "php.ini" since they said it would affect other users of the server.
Therefore, as I understand it, my only option to run Tiki15Beta is to:
a) setup my own server
b) use cloud hosting
c) find another service provider who will allow me shell access to "php.ini"
The onscreen instructions in the Tiki15Beta installer do not provide an effective explanation of, or solution for, the problem: requiring the "intl PHP extension".
The only fix I found, located at https://dev.tiki.org/zf1-to-zf2, was:
a) hard to find the information
b) prohibitively hard to understand the information
c) required shell access to the server
a) Not to encounter the need for "intl PHP extension"
b) Clear on screen information as to how to apply any suggested fix.
c) The on screen information should provide an effective fix.
d) The fix should not be restricted to those with shell access to their server.
Please try r58399 which hopefully removed the dependency (it wasn't popular ;)
Please let us know if it works and is safe, we're waiting a bit longer to release 15.0 because of this
Applied suggested changes at r58399 and the install is now working for me, seems to be safe and fully functional. Nice work. Thomas.
Show.tiki.org snapshot creation is in progress... Please monitor http:///snapshots/ for progress. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show".
Password reset was successful
Password reset failed
Show.tiki.org instance destruction is in progress... Please wait...
The public/private keys configured to connect to show2.tikiwiki.org were not accepted. Please make sure you are using RSA keys. Thanks.
Unable to connect to show2.tikiwiki.org. Please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
Show.tiki.org is currently under maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Unable to get information from show2.tikiwiki.org. Please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
Show.tiki.org is in the progress of creating the new instance. Please continue waiting for a minute or two. If this continues on for more than 10 minutes, please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
To help developers solve the bug, we kindly request that you demonstrate your bug on a show2.tikiwiki.org instance. To start, simply select a version and click on "Create show2.tikiwiki.org instance". Once the instance is ready (in a minute or two), as indicated in the status window below, you can then access that instance, login (the initial admin username/password is "admin") and configure the Tiki to demonstrate your bug. Priority will be given to bugs that have been demonstrated on show2.tikiwiki.org.
The URL for the show2.tikiwiki.org instance that demonstrates this bug is at: http://. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show". This is different from the initial login and password for a new Tiki which is "admin" and "admin".
For the install log, see http:///info.txt
Note that if you see PHP errors or a Tiki claiming to be missing third party software, the instance creation is probably not finished. Please wait a couple minutes and reload.
Snapshots are database dumps of the configuration that developers can download for debugging. Once you have reproduced your bug on the show2.tikiwiki.org instance, create a snapshot that can then be downloaded by developers for further investigation.
Snapshots can be accessed at: http:///snapshots/. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show".Create new snapshot
|No attachments for this item|