When using MySQL Full text Search as the index. CustomSeach plugin doesn't seem to find all items as compared to a PHP Lucene index
See show instance
Show username: admin
Show password: 12345
Some words such as "first" "Second" and "third" are ignored by MySQL search. The info is here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-stopwords.html
I think the solution is simply better documentation.
We need a remarks box as follows: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s37/sh/5cc02209-28e2-4068-8b7c-59bc1d392911/8f68a7e4a3ccddd6ecd1da108345cfa2
It should have the following texts:
MySQL Full Text Search:
- Advantage: Fast performance
- Advantage: Works out of the box with Tiki and even on most basic server setups
- Disadvantage: Many common words (such as "first", "second", and "third" are not searchable). See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/fulltext-stopwords.html for full list
- Disadvantage: Only the first 65,535 characters (about 8000 words) of long pieces of content are searchable.
Lucene (PHP implementation):
- Advantage: Overcomes limitations of MySQL search mentioned above
- Advantage: Comes built in with Tiki
- Disadvantage: Slower performance
- Disadvantage: May not work well with the most basic server setups and because the index is stored on disk it is more prone to file permissions problems and other server configuration issues.
- Advantage: Most advanced and scalable search engine
- Advantage: Enables some very advanced/new features of Tiki
- Disadvantage: Needs to be separately installed from Tiki and requires more configuration (see http://www.elasticsearch.org/ for more information).
I had added a remark box. Please check this commit id: 48338
Show.tiki.org snapshot creation is in progress... Please monitor http:///snapshots/ for progress. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show".
Password reset was successful
Password reset failed
Show.tiki.org instance destruction is in progress... Please wait...
The public/private keys configured to connect to show2.tikiwiki.org were not accepted. Please make sure you are using RSA keys. Thanks.
Unable to connect to show2.tikiwiki.org. Please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
Show.tiki.org is currently under maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Unable to get information from show2.tikiwiki.org. Please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
Show.tiki.org is in the progress of creating the new instance. Please continue waiting for a minute or two. If this continues on for more than 10 minutes, please let us know of the problem so that we can do something about it. Thanks.
To help developers solve the bug, we kindly request that you demonstrate your bug on a show2.tikiwiki.org instance. To start, simply select a version and click on "Create show2.tikiwiki.org instance". Once the instance is ready (in a minute or two), as indicated in the status window below, you can then access that instance, login (the initial admin username/password is "admin") and configure the Tiki to demonstrate your bug. Priority will be given to bugs that have been demonstrated on show2.tikiwiki.org.
The URL for the show2.tikiwiki.org instance that demonstrates this bug is at: http://. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show". This is different from the initial login and password for a new Tiki which is "admin" and "admin".
For the install log, see http:///info.txt
Note that if you see PHP errors or a Tiki claiming to be missing third party software, the instance creation is probably not finished. Please wait a couple minutes and reload.
Snapshots are database dumps of the configuration that developers can download for debugging. Once you have reproduced your bug on the show2.tikiwiki.org instance, create a snapshot that can then be downloaded by developers for further investigation.
Snapshots can be accessed at: http:///snapshots/. Note that if you get a popup asking for a username/password, please just enter "show" and "show".Create new snapshot
|No attachments for this item|