I upgraded a TW 1.9.1 installation to 2.3 (I did an upgrade from 1.9.1 to 1.9.11 first, and then immediately did the upgrade to 2.3).
After the upgrade completed successfully, I noticed that the user modules I had were empty. I could see the title and the box, but no content (which were user menus).
To make a long story short, I found that the problem was the templates/tiki-user_menu.tpl template was not rendering anything. I noticed that there was also a tiki-usermenu.tpl template that rendered a list of menus for the admin pages. I tried renaming the tiki-user_menu.tpl file to tiki-user_menu2.tpl and changing line 34 of the lib/smarty_tiki/function.menu.php file to:
$tpl = 'tiki-user_menu2.tpl';
That fixed the problem.
Maybe there's some sort of name collision with tiki-usermenu.tpl when Smarty tries rendering tiki-user_menu.tpl. I didn't see any PHP errors when it wasn't working. Yes, I did try clearing TikiWiki's caches and the browser's cache and it didn't work.
Rename templates/tiki-user_menu.tpl to something else (like tiki-user_menu2.tpl) and change line 34 (the only line inside the else block) to:
$tpl = 'tiki-user_menu2.tpl'; // or whatever you renamed the tiki-user_menu.tpl file to
|No attachments for this item|