What is a Content Management Framework (CMF)?
Tiki is foremost a Wiki-centric Content Management System (CMS) and Groupware.
However, it is also used as a CMF. What makes Tiki a good CMF?
- Tiki bundles Zend Framework, Smarty, Bootstrap and jQuery and other External Libraries all together in one package
- Tiki is the FOSS Web application with the most built-in features so you'll have less to code
- Tiki also offers tons of transversal features
- User, group and permission management
- Unified Search
- A predictable Version Lifecycle
To build powerful apps from existing Tiki code, see PluginList, PluginListExecute, PluginCustomSearch, Trackers, Unified Index, Calculations, PluginAppFrame and Data Channels and many other wiki plugins
As you can see in Hello World, you can easily use Tiki as a framework.
Compare code examples from: http://prezi.com/bemzj02mmypm/how-cms-architecture-affects-dev-communities/
Here is a good example of Tiki used as a framework: http://profiles.tiki.org/Cartograf