There are different sorts of slideshows
- Image slideshows like the Infinite_carousel or the S5 slideshow from the file galleries with neat ColorBox popup windows.
=> did you know, that you can watch YouTube videos in a ColorBox and that you can show wiki pages in it aswell?
do not forget the PluginSlider
- PowerPoint-type presentation from a wiki page with the feature 'Slideshow'
Slideshows can be done either from Headlinesections out of single wiki pages or from wiki structures
- There is a new tool appeared in the cloud, which is called Prezi and which is aswell stunning cool as non-free Flash based proprietary software, that we thought to find and implement a similar tool.
with Prezi you can setup a non-slide based presentation on a literally infinite canvas. You can zoom in and out and twist and turn along arbitrary paths and views.
Torsten made a still ongoing research for possible FOSS alternatives and tried a few of the most promising tools.
follow the research and a later coming report here: Prezitations
make a structure for Slideshowsdone
make a category for slideshowsalready existed
make a perspective for working on the pages (2 column!)done
apply perspective module left top to 0; 2done
apply modules to either 0; 1 or 0;2 or 0 or 1 or 2done
ask Devs for a "module not in perspective" preferencedone
apply magic module menu for the structure left top under switch perspective and limit to P2done
put content of e-mail onto a comparing pagedone -> Prezitations
- work on Slideshow featurepage - sort content and make neat page layout
- make feature request / wishlist tracker especially for slideshows and prezitations
consider the existing ones (maybe just add a simple survey?
- explain the difference between both sorts of slideshows
- compare the features and the tech base of each and report about the research
Open and Pending
- Tiki Slideshow used in BigBlueButton
- Video annotations