Most Tiki installations are on Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP. However, Tiki runs on more than just Linux. You can run it anywhere PHP can run. However, it is not as well tested and you may run into minor issues.
Starting with 5.x, Tiki is available in the Microsoft Web App Gallery at:
The installation is automated and generally reliable.
Windows compatibility project
- Greg Martin
- Marc Laporte
- Jimmy Gilbert
- Chris Tingle
- You? We are looking for volunteers.
- A large number proportion of forum posts are related to IIS or Windows hosting issues and many more are reported below.
- It is thought that most are various symptoms of a small number of real issues. These issues are presumed easy to fix. These problems are typically path issues. This apparently was working well in 1.9.x and possibly some problems appeared in 2.x. So we should test side by side 1.9.x, 2.x and 3.x to detect issues.
- Most of the active developers in Tiki use Linux and thus Windows issues are not naturally detected and solved.
- There are various hacks/recipes to make Tiki work in various environments. These should be checked and added to the main code base.
Some corporate environments require that web apps run on Windows. So, in these cases, adding a LAMP server is not practical. Tiki gains to have higher adoption by working on more platforms.
Please re-order this list! (It's just a first draft for now)
- Win2008 Server, Apache, MySQL
- Win2008 Server, IIS, MySQL Windows Server Install
- Win2003 Server, IIS, MySQL (I submit that with Xampp there is already a workable solution for Apache)
- Win2003 Server, Apache, MySQL (seems to work fine)
- Standard shared Windows hosting like GoDaddy, etc.
Keep web.config and .htaccess synchronized
The web_config file for IIS needs to be kept in sync with _htaccess (for Apache). Most modifications are done to htaccess.
If you are adding (or otherwise modifying the configuration) for one of the servers and can't do it for the other, add an entry here pointing to your commit that needs to be ported to the other server.
Web App Gallery
Microsoft provides for automatic installs of PHP, MySQL & Tiki. We maintain the Tiki install for them. It's a quick way to get running on IIS.
Related interview at Confoo 2010
Improve the documentation
Specific Windows install guides should be made if necessary
TRIM via FTP
will work with FTP somewhere during the Summer of 2009. now works with FTP. This will be yet another thing to make it easier to manage Tiki on Windows.
Items on wishlist
- watch items in this category to receive an email when things change.