Feedback for Tiki7 Use file galleries for wiki attachments
r35073: bug: if you upload a file to a wiki page, the file gallery is created but the file is not uploaded to this newly created gallery fixed for 7.1
- Page names with a comma (') will prevent file uploads. Ex.: http://demo.tiki.org/7x/tiki-index.php?page=test123%2Cvirgule
- r14162 is reported to introduce the following issue:
- File gallery names are chopped off at 80 characters, but wiki pages are sometimes longer
- What happens if page is renamed or deleted?
- File Gallery is not deleted and there is no way to manually delete ex.: tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=272 has no delete button and since it's not browseable like most file galleries, I can't delete from parent view
- Once you activate, existing attachments are no longer available
- yet, they are still in tiki-admin.php?page=wikiatt
- There should be a way (beyond WebDAV) to navigate all file galleries that are linked to wiki pages
- It would be nice to have an optional column here: tiki-listpages.php
- There is no script to move data back and forth from wiki_attach to file_gal?
- It creates a file gallery for each page (even if it doesn't yet have a file attached) and thus, since your last visit grows.
- Archives are working at tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=6 but not on the wiki page
- Workaround is to not use archives
UI to improve
- All operations (Replace, edit properties, etc) should send you back to the wiki page after.
- wiki attachments in File Gallery: search result link doesn't link to wiki page?
- Can be fixed more easily with improvements in Tiki8
- Watch : does it work for file gallery attached to wiki page?
- Search in Files : test with Lucene (expected to be OK)
- Check if perms are OK
|Rating||Subject||Submitted by||Category||Importance||Easy to solve?||Priority||Volunteered to solve||LastModif||Coms|
|Batch upload zip file with a subdir structure||trebly||Bug: Usability|
Making Image galleries obsolete
Please indicate below what is needed to make Image Galleries obsolete. (and thus they can be removed because everyone will be using file galleries).
- A data migration script.
- See Robert Plummer, who has a basic script
- Redirect scripts so old URLs work
- Features/characteristics that image galleries have that file galleries don't:
- Separate thumbnail files are created
- Can set size of thumbnails and regenerate
- PNG images don't seem to lose transparency like they do with file galleries
- Can scale images (although this has never worked for me)
- Can browse full size images with one image per page with related info
- Can sort thumbnail view by name, date, hits, user, size