Several Wiki farms listed here:
None are powered by Tiki. This would be a great way for more people to use Tiki for small projects, and always have an upgrade path to the full Tiki later on.
- http://www.nonprofitsoapbox.com/pricing.php with Joomla
http://www.bryght.com/solutions(phased out) with Drupal
MultiTiki is a great step. What more needs to be done so Tiki is suitable to be used for a WikiFarm?
Answer: Someone can fill out a form and instantly gets a running wiki on a subdomain like http://mywikiname.pbwiki.com or BluWiki.
- Single Sign On throughout the whole wiki farm but distinct content & permissions in each subdomain (as mose rightly points out, InterTiki can be used for this.
- Ask email when creating a site
- Make sure Tiki is at the latest stable version and the database is up to date
- Make sure server has enough RAM
- Inform people to wait a few minutes while the instance is prepared.
- Don't let someone create an already created domain
- send reminder email after 30 or 60 days so people register
- let people pick their own domain name
- What about email management?