While Tiki has a “friendship” feature, it is so basic, that it is practically “missing”. What is missing is proper Social Networking with “transactions” between community members (Ex.: hospitality exchange network, carpooling, dating service, etc) with reputation system. Something like LinkedIn, Facebook or the www.phpbeer.com project.
- Yan Levasseur
- Marc Laporte
- Shawn Adler
- Alexander ‘amette’ Mette
- Use Tiki to build a SN Community website
- Use Tiki to connect with other SN websites and services
- Job board
- Dating site
- Hospitality exchange
- Car Pooling
- Business Directory - Offer Personal Services (programming, consulting, etc) & also with the ability to market products with links to other shopping carts and websites where visitors can click through and buy from this vendor online.
- Exchange market of offers and demands (objects, and knowledge; with no money): http://intercanvis.net
please, feel free to brainstorm your Ideas and Wishes what Tiki should make possible with SN here:
Social Networking Ideas
- some My Tiki preferences can be considered as SN related
- Inter-User Messages
- Friendship Network
- some wiki plugin(s ?) to share content on various Social Networks via Sharethis!
- “transactions” between users and a rating system of how each transaction went.
- Maybe reuse/refactor Mod CC, which records transactions between users indeed?.
- “connectors” - easy possibility to connect with other social networking web sites, apps and services
- Use the Trackers feature to extend a user SN information and Pretty Trackers Smarty tpls or wiki pages templates to display it nicely on the site
- Extend current Tiki features to support SN connectors, e.g.
- My Tiki (could serve as Profile Dashboard)
- User Bookmarks (could connect and synchronize e.g. with Magnolia)
- Use Profiles to Install pre-configured SN ready Tiki
- supportive SN demo site under development
Related: Friendship Network
- Enterprise Social Networking
- Workspace Ideas
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management