SNiPTT stands for Social Networking in Pretty Tiki Trackers. This profile is intended to help with building a Social Networking website based mainly on the powerful Tiki Trackers feature.
The actual profile is being coded here: http://profiles.tiki.org/SNiPTT
This page serves as a development process page only.
To allow users having some basic User Profile where they can put their real name, nick, date of birth, upload user profile picture, link their website etc. and allow these users to follow messages posted by other registered users who opt-in to create their own User Profile. The micro-blogging messages will be displayed on the followers User Profile wall and own messages will be possible to edit or delete them and link to them/or share them on other SN. Also have some basic rating and comments on the User Profile page and overview of the specified user contributed content on the site.
- Apply and re-apply when needed on the c2c demo site while developing the profile at profiles.tw.o and localhost
Some time in the first half of August announce the profile is ready to test more widely (alpha)- Delayed, probably September 4th
August 20, 2010Delayed, probably sometime in the half of September - Finish
- grmbl, delayed again... end of January 2011 !
- redirect users to "First Run" wizard where they choose at least their "Call me" name and choose if they want redirect to their "User Profile" dashboard page after login - it will create the corresponding user tracker item after they hit [Next] or [Continue] button and it will allow to correctly display the "User Profile" (now it is empty/blank page if the user has no entry in the tracker yet)
- redirect users after login to their "User Profile" page if they choose that
- add some SN fields yet to the user profile tracker
- allow opt-in to follow users micro-blogging (statuses) posts
- allow to rate users
- allow to rate posts
- display tab with user's C2C transactions
- allow to rate transactions
The profile should not be limited to only one use case but offer basic Social Networking (SN for short) features which could be extended by related "mini" profiles. It should be standalone profile working out-of-the-box but in the same time possible to include in other profiles like Barter Market to let them re-use and offer it as a SN extension.
For better performance I suggest to develop the profile's wiki pages templates in HTML instead of wiki syntax, to reduce parsing processing time.
- there seems to be something wrong in the SNiPTT Profile's code now:
trunk returns error An error occured during the profile validation. This profile cannot be applied. Message: Cannot map object options: "allow_[creator_modification, one_item_per_user]" for tracker:User Profile- workarounded adding space between "[" and "creator_modification"