Unfortunately, TikiWiki will not be among the organizations that will be participating in Google Summer of Code Project for 2010. But we will reapply again in 2011.
For any questions, you can reach TikiWiki Google Summer of code committee at gsoc at tiki.org
See the page GSOC 2010 Application Form to see what will be sent in.
Interested students are encouraged to join and ask question on our public mailing list http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=64258. (external link). If you instead want to communicate to our GSOC committee in private, you can email us at gsoc (AT) tiki.org
Actual applications can be sent to gsoc (AT) tiki.org but note that Google requires that official applications be done through their system at their specified timeline. But it is always to have something drafted in advance.
- Name and e-mail
- Which project do you wish to work on? See http://dev.tiki.org/GSOC+Ideas+2010
- Detailed description of how you intend to achieve the goals of the project you selected, e.g. what you intend to do, your suggested implementation, and a list of quantifiable results, a suggested project schedule?
- Availability: How many hours per week can you spend working on this? What other obligations do you have this summer?
- Bio: Who are you? What makes you the best person to work on this project?
- Do you have a preferred/suggested mentor for your project?
- Where do you live? (we'll try to match you with a mentor in a compatible timezone, or in the same city, if possible.)
- Have you analyzed the field? Please provide a list of 3 (or more) similar and/or related existing applications (free source or commercial) and your thoughts on these. (min 300 words on each)
- Are you comfortable with the 3 Rules of the community and the fact that you'll be committing directly to the core of TikiWiki?
- Have you put any code or writing that you've authored online? If so, please provide links.
- What other question(s) should we have asked you?