Tiki releases every 6 months. However, the next release should ideally be "releasable at any time". Also, actual releases should be very easy (goal: 30 minutes for the technical part).
To get closer to these goals, we are working on setting up a community Continuous Integration server.
Wishlist for Tiki community
For humans to be able to see yesterday's data with tomorrow's code
Profiles demo server
- Having a test server with main profiles applied regularly, for testing/demo.
For the daily pre-release zip file to be as close as possible to the final one
- Run the existing scripts we use at release time
- Automatic commits: we could register a "tikiwiki" user at Sourceforge.
- Automatic SVN commit of secdb and syncdb
- update of changelog.txt (maybe once a week?)
Continuous Testing Server
Machines testing code, according to a series of tests
- Run all tests
- Run the security tests regularly (monthly?) and report to Security Team about new potentially risky files
- Ideas from How to improve the release process
Please see Continuous Testing Server
- PHPCI is a free and open source continuous integration tool specifically designed for PHP.