What's this page about?
Because Tiki is a large system, it can sometimes be hard to find your way around the code, or how to accomplish a specific task like "adding a new icon". On this page, you will find links to:
- Code "maps" that can help you orient yourself and navigate a particular part of the code (ex: the mulltilingual functionalities of Tiki).
- Code "howtos" that can help you figure out how to carry out a specific programming task, for example, "adding a new icon" to the UI.
All coders are encourage to write such maps to help others. If you are a newbie to a particular part of the code or particular kind of task and find that they are not covered, you might want to create a map or howto to keep track of your findings and document what you find so others will benefit from it in the future.
The basics of how to develop in Tiki are described in this developer's Hello World page.
- Code Howto: Adding a new icon to the UI
- Code Howto: Add translatable text elements to the User Interface
- Code Howto: Splitting a Smarty template into smaller chunks
- Code Howto: Writing re-usable Smarty widgets
DB and SQL stuff
- Code Howtos: Adding fields or tables to the database
- Code Howtos: Executing and debugging database SQL queries
Dev process stuff