"Bare Tiki" is a project to improve Tiki to make it great for use cases that need next to no features.
One of the 3 Rules is "Make it Optional". However, some of the features can't be turned off. As a community, let's review this, and confirm for which ones we should create a new preference, so they can easily be turned off.
- Security: If a vulnerability is discovered, you can only be affected if the feature is activated.
- More suitable for some use cases: For example, you want to use Tiki as an Identity provider. You don't want content features. You just want user management. As of Tiki20, there are some features which can't be turned off in Tiki.
- Antoine (leading development on this project)
- luci (providing guidance)
- Marc (providing guidance)
- There should be a pref for comments that turns off all comments, and this panel: tiki-admin.php?page=comments (see how it's done for blogs as an example)
(Sub-)Preferences of the main features like Wiki related preferences etc.
- Rename is not optional - could be
- tiki-admingroups.php has settings like
- Membership expiry Anniversary
- Number of Days
- Pro-Rate Membership
These should be active only if the feature is activated.
Perhaps one pref feature_membership?
- Login box
- Wiki Edit
- What else?