This page describes the desired features of the activity stream module and the related topics that should be discussed.
The module provides a very brief overview on the latest changes on Tiki objects (wiki page, blog, file gallery, tracker item, etc) in chronological order (descending)
- user avatar
- user name (clickable, links to the user’s profile)
- action type (‘created’, ‘updated’, ‘deleted’, ‘commented’,’linked’,’rated’, etc)
- object name (clickable, links to the object)
- object type in brackets eg: “(wiki page)”, “(blog post)”, “(forum post)”, etc
- depending on the object type further information can be displayed
- If the activity happened on today, display only time, eg: “09:21”. If it happened yesterday, write “Yesterday” and the time, eg: “Yesterday 13:32”. If earlier, give date (using month name) and time, eg: “August 23. 23:32”. If it happened last year or earlier, give year too, eg: “2011 June 11 20:10”
- tiki_actionlog table: most actions are. what if it gets emptied or too big? tiki_actionlog_conf can be an issue, all options should be enabled
- tiki_blog_activity: needed?
- tiki_comments: query comments from here?
- tiki_history: for wiki page activities
- tiki_logs: needed?
- tiki_page_changes: needed?
- tiki_tracker_item_field_logs: for tracker item changes?
could it be used instead of running db queries? if yes, it is a dependency, must be turned on and incremental update must be enabled too
It is a Tiki module with the following parameters:
- Content filter:
- Object type(s)
- Object ID(s)
- Reloading frequency:
- how often the list should autmatically refresh. the shortest is 15 minutes, the maximum is 24 hours. The is also option for never automatically refresh the list. (options: never, 15m, 30m, 45m, 1h, 2h...24h)
- Number of initially listed items:
- minimum 5, maximum 30. More items can be listed using the “Show more” button as shown below
- Number of items to display when clicking “Show more...”:
- minimum 5, maximum 30.
- as it is a module, it can be includedin tpl-s using its parameters
- it can automatically reload the list based on the frequency parameter without page reload (just inside the module). There is also a refresh button that allows manual refresh. When a page is loaded, the list is refreshed of course.
- items listed must respect user permissions (only list what you have access to)