Please noteThe information below was kept for history reasons.
This page describes the desired features of the activity stream module and the related topics that should be discussed.
The module provides a very brief overview on the latest changes on Tiki objects (wiki page, blog, file gallery, tracker item, etc) in chronological order (descending)
- user avatar
- user name (clickable, links to the user's profile)
- action type ('created', 'updated', 'deleted', 'commented','linked','rated', etc)
- object name (clickable, links to the object)
- object type in brackets eg: "(wiki page)", "(blog post)", "(forum post)", etc
- depending on the object type further information can be displayed
- If the activity happened on today, display only time, eg: "09:21". If it happened yesterday, write "Yesterday" and the time, eg: "Yesterday 13:32". If earlier, give date (using month name) and time, eg: "August 23. 23:32". If it happened last year or earlier, give year too, eg: "2011 June 11 20:10"
- tiki_actionlog table: most actions are. what if it gets emptied or too big? tiki_actionlog_conf can be an issue, all options should be enabled
- tiki_blog_activity: needed?
- tiki_comments: query comments from here?
- tiki_history: for wiki page activities
- tiki_logs: needed?
- tiki_page_changes: needed?
- tiki_tracker_item_field_logs: for tracker item changes?
could it be used instead of running db queries? if yes, it is a dependency, must be turned on and incremental update must be enabled too
It is a Tiki module with the following parameters:
- Content filter:
- Object type(s)
- Object ID(s)
- Reloading frequency:
- how often the list should autmatically refresh. the shortest is 15 minutes, the maximum is 24 hours. The is also option for never automatically refresh the list. (options: never, 15m, 30m, 45m, 1h, 2h...24h)
- Number of initially listed items:
- minimum 5, maximum 30. More items can be listed using the "Show more" button as shown below
- Number of items to display when clicking "Show more...":
- minimum 5, maximum 30.
- as it is a module, it can be includedin tpl-s using its parameters
- it can automatically reload the list based on the frequency parameter without page reload (just inside the module). There is also a refresh button that allows manual refresh. When a page is loaded, the list is refreshed of course.
- items listed must respect user permissions (only list what you have access to)